When you host students there are 4 steps consider:
Creating a module.
before hosting the student.
after hosting the student.
This will help the student to benefit the most from the mobility and also make it transparent and easy for both the hosting and sending organisation.
Before you host students, you create a module:
1. Decide on the content and how it is embedded in your educational program.
- the modules should be part of your teaching programme and incoming students should be integrated with host students.
- the contents should be attractive and enriching for a (VET) participant.
- the length must be a minimum of 3 weeks.
- the module should be comprised of theory lessons, practical lessons, company visits, social events and assessment.
2. Describe the learning outcomes in knowledge, skills and competences. Remember to consult the ECVET manual on Learning Outcomes.
Use the template for module description. (save it on your PC and you can write in it)
3. Develop the assessment criteria and document.
Remember to consult the ECVET manual on Assessment.
4. Send the module description and the assessment document to your EMEU team.
Request feedback e.g on learning outcomes, assessment and timing of the module.
5. Finalise and upload your module descriptions and assessment criteria.
Uploading can happen nonstop but the deadlines for uploading are:
1 May (modules between August and December)
1 September (modules starting in January or February)
1 November (modules starting between March and June)
You can find the guideline 'how to upload the module to the EMEU website' here.
NB if you offer the module repeatedly make sure to check and adjust the description and dates before uploading the modul.
Who is responsible for the following tasks depends on the host organization.
1. The contact person for the module will receive an email when a student is signing up for the module. You will not get an email from the sign up system, but you can always log in an see the current status in the system.
2. Confirm the acceptance of signed up students.
3. Facilitate accommodation. Make sure the seding institution know if you can help with accomodation or not.
4. Send program and contact information to students and contact person at the sending college a minimum 2 of weeks before the start of the module. If the module includes a work placement give as much information on the company as possible.
5. Make sure that information is available for the student to organize travel and familiarize themselves with the college and town before going.
Make sure that you deliver the module agreed. If for some reason there are changes make sure to inform the sending partner(s) as quickly as possible.
Both the sending and the hosting partner are responsible for the well-being of the student while they are abroad. The hosting partner will ensure that:
- The student is welcomed and introduced to the host students. Preferably with a buddy-system
- There is a good integration of students through group/pair work.
- The tasks for the student are well-explained and that they can ask for support at any time.
- The student is offered social events, organized by the school and/or host students.
- Any sign of discomfort from the student is acted upon immediately and help is offered.
- Regularly informing sending partner on the participation and well-being of the student.
- The student have emergency contacts in case of illness or accidents and that they know what to do.
Activate hosting students to increase the internationalization effect at home.
Facilitate and support students to share their experiences of the module through video, photographs, interviews or other media. The hosting organisation sends the materials to the webmaster for dissemination (showcases).
Assess and document according to your assessment plan while the student is still in your college.
Complete, sign and stamp the Europass mobility certificate and add the assessment document. Make sure the sending college gets the originals and the student gets at least copies before returning.
Obtain general feedback with the hosted students before they return home.
On the last day of the module ask the student to fill in a Student Satisfaction Questionnaire.
All teachers who have participated in hosting the students fill in the staff satisfaction Survey Monkey questionnaire.
The feedback for the modules will be presented to the Steering group/EMEU team leaders twice a year.
Analyse and adjust future modules based on the evaluation from students and teachers.
- Evaluate the experience with hosting students and adjust appropriately