Who pays for the mobility? Me/the college/funds?
When your college is part of the EMEU Network you don´t pay for attending the module. You have to pay for travel, accommodation, food and allowance though.

Your vocational college will have applied for funds in the European programme for educations ERASMUS+. Contact your teacher or international coordinator to know if there are available funds. If you get an ERASMUS+ mobility subsidy it will be a considerable support to your cost and in some cases will cover all costs apart from spending money.


Will I be the only foreign student in the module?
All modules are planned to include a group of international students. In the description of the module you can see how many international students can be accepted. You will always be together with students from the ‘home college’.


Can I go more than once?
Yes, you can go more than once. If you can get ERASMUS+ mobility funding more than once depends on your college. Ask your teacher or international coordinator.


Will the course abroad prolong my study?
No, the intentions are that all modules in the EMEU network will be accredited as an integrated part of your education. When in doubt, your teacher can contact the teacher of the module to make sure of the relevance.


Will the module abroad be on my diploma?
It depends on your college and national policies if your module abroad will be written on your final diploma. You will always get a certificate of the module which you can use when applying for a job or apprenticeship.


Can I earn credits when I do a module abroad?
The cooperation between your college and the EMEU network ensures that your learning is accredited as part of your vocational education and training at home. At the end of module and work placement, your learning is assessed according to the assessment criteria mentioned in the module description.


Where will I stay?
The college responsible for the module will help organize accommodation. You will be accommodated at a hostel, college dormitory or with a host family. In some accommodations, meals are included.


My English is not so good – can I still go?
In most cases it is possible to go even if you are not that strong in English. In the module description it is stated which level is needed as a minimum to apply for the module. You can find a link to test your English here.


Are the modules taught in English?
All modules are taught in English. The national language will obviously also be in the classroom, so it is always a good idea to know the basic phrases of the local language as well.


Who arranges my trip?
It differs from college to college who organizes the trip. It also depends on whether the college has funds to support you or not. Ask your teacher or international coordinator.


Can I go home if I hate it?
It is completely normal to experience a crisis after some time abroad. This is called ‘culture shock’. But don’t let it ruin the experience for you. Talk to the teacher, the other students, call your teacher at home, your parents or your friends. Someone who can help you get a fresh perspective on things.

If you are absolutely unable to cope and get through the rough time and just want to go home – well it is possible of course. If you have an ERASMUS+ grant there are strict rules and you probably have to pay back the grant.


Can I stay on after the module – on vacation?
In theory you can stay on vacation at your own cost. In practice the mobility is an integrated part of your educational programme and you probably have to start in your own college back home Monday morning. Talk to your teacher or international coordinator what is possible in your case.


If I do a work placement after the module – where do I stay and who pays?
In some countries, it is possible to get a work placement after finishing the module at the partner college. This gives you an additional chance to learn about the work culture and practise your knowledge and skills.

The ERASMUS+ funds for mobility also cover your work placement period. Contact your teacher or international coordinator to know if your institution has available funds you can apply for and how the procedure is for you to obtain the financial support.